Each year during the Lenten season, we gather on Wednesdays with other believers to reflect on our lives and our faith. This year we are joining with churches in the Brandywine Collaborative to study Adam Hamilton’s book “Unafraid: Living with Courage and Hope in Uncertain Times.”
The five-week series begins on Wednesday, March 13 at St. Mark’s, moves to a different Collaborative church each week, then winds up on April 10 back at St. Mark’s. Each night we gather for supper at 6 p.m., have a time of prayer and worship at 6:45 and a time of study and discussion from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m.
Fear is a complex emotion. Sometimes it saves us. More often it robs us of the life we want.
Fear wreaks havoc on our relationships and communities. It leads us into making bad decisions. It holds us back from the very pursuits that promise fulfillment and joy.
Why are there so many tragedies? we wonder. What will happen next?
For anyone struggling with fear or wondering how families and communities can thrive in troubled times, “Unafraid” offers an informed and inspiring message full of practical solutions.
Join us for this series and join the conversation.
The schedule is as follows:
* Wednesday, March 13: St. Mark’s Lutheran, 501 Duncan Road, Wilmington
* Wednesday, March 20: Calvary Episcopal Church, 304 Lore Avenue, Wilmington
* Wednesday, March 27: Grace Episcopal Church, 4900 Concord Pike, Wilmington
* Wednesday, April 3: Ascension Episcopal Church, 3717 Philadelphia Pike, Claymont
* Wednesday, April 10: St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 501 Duncan Road, Wilmington