What We Believe
The Apostles’ Creed
With generations of Christians throughout the ages, we hold to the series of bedrock statements summarized in the Apostles’ Creed. We recite this creed often, reminding ourselves and each other of these essentials:
- We believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only son, our Lord,
- who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
- born of the virgin Mary,
- suffered under Pontius Pilate,
- was crucified, died and was buried;
- he descended to the dead.
- On the third day he rose again;
- he ascended into heaven,
- he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
- and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and the life everlasting.
Practicing our faith
As our denomination’s national leaders describe this, we live out our baptismal covenant with regular practices. To do this we: